.

1/3/22 OUR INTERNET CONNECTIVITY PERFORMANCE - why going round Mid Valley?

Posted By: Abdullah Chek Sahamat - March 14, 2022

Share

& Comment

DO PEOPLE KNOW, WHY WHEN ONE WANTS TO GET IN OR OUT OF MID VALLEY COMPLEX, ONE NEEDS TO MAKE LONG ROUND DRIVE? Please read to the last.

I have nothing much to write these couple of months. I have been avoiding to talk about our current national crazy political scenario. But today, as my usual practice while waiting for a flight back home which suppose to be by four now shifted to five, with no interesting book to read, so I would like to spend my extra times writing this seem to be small but critical issue of the day.

Case I:

I booked AirAsia flight from Kuching to KL on the 2 March, supposed to fly by 1900 hrs. From home in Kuching (KUCHING not kampong), I tried to check in online since 28 Feb, but can't. The system seem not able to tract my booking. So I need to check in at the AirAsia Counter @ KIA. I wonder, what happen to our IT system. The rakyat seem ready to take on paperless and workerless (less man) management system yet our ICT system had not been ready. Then, interestingly, when I want to board the plane, I was told to wait for the next flight which was @ 2030 hrs. Me being me, I argued, "Displays on the screen is my flight. I have my check in confirmation, now why must I be pushed to the next flight. There was no prior notification." The attendance AirAsia crew informed, "Such was directive from KL". I replied "This is my flight, I'm going to board in. I don't care". At last the crew work out the system, got me a slot, and as I board in, I counted there were ample empty seats including those of the priority seat. I'm not interested with those seat, I just want a seat. Frankly, my hate onto AirAsia has came to the limit. Since 2002 I had encounter so much "abusive nature of AirAsia services". 

Case II:

I was visitnig some friends and family members in Kedah. I bought something interesting to grow in my farm. So I need to post them back home quickly. I went over to Guar Chempedak, Kedah Post Office, which is an old funny outdated facility. I took my waiting Number. Wait for about 30 minutes, then my turn came. As I told the serving staff that I have something to post back to Sarawak, then only he informed that I should do it online. He told me to install the Post Malaysia Application and fill all the details, then only I should handover my parcel and pay for the postage.

(2) Goodness, after waiting for 30 minutes, then only he told me what suppose to be done, which by right he should have the courtesy to do so much earlier. There were about 10 elderly persons waiting for the service. My count, within 30 minutes, the station with two staff could only served about four (4) persons. I was the fifth within 30 minutes. 

(3) I then complied as he directed, and know what, the internet was so slow, it took me about 10 minutes to download the application but then couldn't proceed with the whole process. The staff then helped me to do it manually, which I presumed he knew about the problem, yet he didn't use his intelligent to do what is right. What were the issues? Firstly, the staff are not ready to deal with paperless and workerless system. Even if they are ready, they may want to sabotage the system, I presumed. Why? With paperless and workerless system, they can't main ular, if you know what I mean? Secondly, I begin to see our service sector be it in the public and or private, we begin to have "lack sense of the customer are always right". Why? I think our today "chaotic and corrupted political system" had corrupted our good values. They are acting more of a hired workers - makan gaji rather a best service providers - berkhidmat untuk Negara. Paramount, I believe, sure our ICT system is not ready yet we are too eager and presumed things are alright nationwide. Our MCMC is drifting in the fallacy of Msia = a wired Nation.

Case III:

From MidValley Mall, I want to go to the KL Sentral for a train ride to KLIA. I ordered for a Grab. I noticed on my phone, the pickup point was Garden Hotel while indeed I was at Cititel Lobby. I saw the Grab car going to Garden Hotel, so I texted and called him to informed my actual pickup point. Then while in the car, we chat about the precision of our GPS. I told him, the principle of GPS ie very dependent of satellite coverage, which in tropical country like Malaysia is very much being influenced by the cloud cover. If the day is very cloudy, then the precision will go haywire.

(2) While in the train, I want to fill up my E-Health Form. But only when I reached KLIA only I could do so. Again ICT coverage, probably is the culprit. Please our MCMC, if we are serious about wanting to enter into E-Commerce Industries, let improve our ICT coverage and also our Courier Service System. I have lots of pains in dealing with our present couriers system. Too much loopholes and weaknesses.

The Long Around Mid Valley Drive?

The Grab driver whom picked me up at the Cititel Lobby instead of the Garden Hotel Lobby as shown by the GPS, sort of grumbling "Why must we need to drive long way around the Complex if we want to get in or out of the Complex". Psychologically, I think I know what he want to get to. KL is a stressful and hard earning place. But I treated him with nice education. I said: " A valley = lembah, is an area bounded by mountains and rivers. So much so, when you want to get out of a valley, you must go round the bounding mountains or rivers". He then said: "Betul juga, kalau tak keliling, memang tak lepas". We laughed. But I added on: " Jangan jadi macam kempen PRN Johor, dok pusing cerita lama, kisah Pencuri, Penyamun, Penyangak, Perasuah, at last tak dapat apa-apa. Hanya di Mid Valley kita pusing keliling, tempat lain tengok keadaan.". He then really laughed aloud, and I think his stress was really relieved. 

(2) On boarding out of his car, I paid him extra RM6.00 to further relief his stress from "pusing keliling"

HMS Cafe, KLIA

14 March, 2022

#Abdullah Chek Sahamat

Writing that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around my world which you may find hard to believe and understand

0 comments:

Copyright © 2010 abc sadong™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Access. Hosted on Blogger Platform.