.

13/1/12 GIVING.....

Posted By: Abdullah Chek Sahamat - January 18, 2012

Share

& Comment

I went down to Kota Bandung on the 16 Jan., 2012 taking my house owner, his son and Mas Jajak. My intent was to get some money to help out on few things that the Pesantren is now doing, but with critically short of fund, as well as to make Chang Nana, the house owner life a bit better with my coming here.

(2) As I have to run around Kota Bandung for a while, I just left them to walk around at Bandung Endah Plaza (PEB) for them to have a feel of what City live are all about. Most important, I want Asep, Chang Nana’s kid who is now at SD3 to have some inspiration for his life. Once, long time ago, the first time my dad took me to town, Simunjan, when I was a shoeless kid, I really can remember the feeling to this day. I just want to share the feeling and inspiration with Asep, since this is the first time in his life he ever set foot to Kota Bandung, except I regret he has to be absent from school for the day.

(3) Later I took Asep to the Gramedia Bookstore and asked him to choose whatever books that he want for himself. I was happy to see him picking up those books that he then shared with his cousins and friends. And, as usual, I would never be emptied handed. One of the best book that I would say really suit to my personal mission here is The Prophet and the Art of Peace by Kahlil Gibran’s. And this is a wonderful philosophical book written by a man of wisdom, named Khalil. His artistic way of saying what are those really needed in life I would believe everyone of us must have and closely refer to.

(4) Here let me present to you one of the Chapter that he wrote, and I present it here, as I have to look for and answer to a question posed to me by a nice good friend, Shazrin, ”Why do you have to care for others too much?” as well I have a very troublesome good friend now, once helped keep putting his hand to me for help. What would b amy attitude to all these?

Then said a rich man. Speak to us of Giving.
And he answered:

You give little when you give of your possessions. It is when you g ive of yourself that you truly give. For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?
And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the overprudent dog burying bone in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city? And what is fear of need but need itself? Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, the thirst that is unquenchable?

There are those who give little of the much which they have and they give it for recognitions and theirs hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome. And there are those who have little and give all. There are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward. And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.
And there are those who gives and know not pain in giving, nor not they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue; they give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space. Through the hand of such as these God speaks, and from behind theirs eyes He smiles upon the earth.

It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding; And to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving. And is there aught you would withhold? All you have shall someday be given; therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not yours inheritor’s.

You often say, “I would give, but only to the deserving”. The trees in your orchards say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture. They give that they may live, for withhold is to perish. Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights is worthy of all else from you.

And he who deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream. And what greater shall there be, than that which lies in the courage and confidence, nay the charity of receiving?

And who are you that men should rend their bosom and unveil their pride, that you may see their worth naked and their pride unabashed? See first that you yourself deserve to be giver, and instrument of giving. For in truth it is life that gives unto life-while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.

And you receivers and you are all receivers- assume no weight of gratitude, lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon him who gives. Rather rise together with the giver on his gifts as on wings; for be overmindful of your debts, is to doubt his generosity who has the free-hearted earth for mother, and God for father


(5) May this will instill the pride to serve as a giver to all friends whom I have passed over on my walking trail. To all, may the Al-Mighty open your heart to others.

CiJinJing, West Bandung, Indonesia
18 Jan., 2012

#Abdullah Chek Sahamat

Writing that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around my world which you may find hard to believe and understand

0 comments:

Copyright © 2010 abc sadong™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Access. Hosted on Blogger Platform.