.

30/9/11 GIVING YOUR BEST

Posted By: Abdullah Chek Sahamat - September 22, 2011

Share

& Comment


"There is dignity in work only when it is freely accepted" said Albert Camus. A friend of mine, Marry, passed me this book titled: Follow Your Heart: Finding Purpose in Your Life and Work, by Andrew Matthews. Glancing through, I found this book is easy reading and well illustrated. Simple, sharp.

(2) Let me just quote one of the Chapter, which I have been hammering so long.

There are two good reason to do to your best:

" Firstly, when you give one hundred percent, you are happier. Remember back when you were at school. Remember what it feel walking to school, on those days when you have done all your home works- and done your best. Didn't you feel just a bit more enthusiastic?

Secondly, the universe had a way of punishing laziness and arrogant. Enough things will go wrong in your life- and work- without your giving a half-hearted effort. When we get casual, things start to collapse. Ask the boxer who underestimates his opponent. Ask the businessman who underestimates his competition. There's a word to describe giving it your best shot every day- it's called Professionalism


(3) I'm leaving for my home town which I have not visited for the last at least three years. I hope today, this visit with friends, I get the best shot of ideas how to make MyHomeTown Simunjan into a Roaring Tidal Bore.

Wisma Satok, Kuching
23 Sept., 2011

#Abdullah Chek Sahamat

Writing that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around my world which you may find hard to believe and understand

0 comments:

Copyright © 2010 abc sadong™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Access. Hosted on Blogger Platform.