.

5/12/09 GENG OF FOUR.....

Posted By: Abdullah Chek Sahamat - December 17, 2009

Share

& Comment


Once, before DMM step down as the Prime Minister, I believe in one of his visit to Kedah, he 'jokingly' proposed Najib as the best candidate for the Deputy Prime Minsiter post when he later step down. In fact it is not a 'joke' which he normally used to throw to the reporters. I'm the only one who assumed that as a 'joke'. In my calculation, Muhhydin Yasin (MY) would be the better candidate. His record as a much dynamic MB of Johore of which I believe having a closer vision and working style as DMM would make him a better DPM.

(2) Later, in his various 'quarrel' with Abdullah Badawi, then did DMM revealed that his choice of Najib is as a repayment of Tun Razak favor for taking him back into UMNO and then making him able to pursue his idea in developing the Malays. Accordingly, he assumed that Najib would be the best, judging from his father character and performance: "Kuah pasti tumpah ke nasi" concept!

(3) Indeed, I was happy when Abdullah steped down, and Najib took over. I really pray that Muhhydin would be his buddy. My pray was answered, and accordingly I love to see Mustapha Muhammad (MM) and Rais Yatim (RY)would join Najib team. I've written this in my earlier article.

(4) I have some close encounter with MY, MM and RY. As a Minister of Agriculture, MY seem to have grass ground of the agriculture issues especially those related to the rural Malays. I have the benefit of arguing personally with him on various Agro and Rural matters. Nonetheless, before I could lock into certain development arrangement with his Ministry, he had move to take up other position. Being, I believe related to Javanese-Riau socio-cultural background, and now holding the post of Minister of Education, I would believe MY could make a better strategic step to ensure the 'Ketuanan Bahasa Melayu' in both academic and non-academic world. To me, the Malay language is the foundation of the Malays Identity, and a race whom lost their language would sooner or later would lost their Kemelayuan. Most of all, MY, I believe would able to mend the crack in the inter-Malay relationship which currently is endangering the long term survival of the society!

(5) At his tenureship as the MAPEN chairman during the DMM period, MM has acted as 'dedicated civil-politician'. I attended few meeting where he cahired such meeting. His 'statistical analysis' mind enable him to get to the bottom of the National Economic issues. He really could guide the civil servants (especially those in EPU and Treasury)on how to arrive at policy direction on managing the National Macro-economic matters. We need this kind of a person to get the country economy being manage well. His current position as MITI driver, suit his 'economic mind'. My last encounter with him was when he was the MOA, and again just like MY, I have to forget about locking a development arrangement with him as he also had move out of MOA. When I went down to Kelantan, especially Jeli, I used to check on his popularity, it seem even Nik Aziz like him, and eve pray for his wining of the election.

(6) RY, as a Minang, a PhD holder, have served well in Jelebu of Negeri sembilan. He really can talk. Once I have said to a friend that, unfortunately during Anwar-MM crisis, RY was not with MM. If not, he would be the best guy to answer Anwar. My first encounter with RY was in Batu Kikir, Kuala Pilah in 1982. At the Batu Kikir surau, his speech really make me awake and realise of my responsibility as a University student, of which thereon I became very active in social affairs. RY is a man who speak up his mind. He mean what he said. He love the Minang adat, and with such I believe, he and MY would serve to sustain the Ketuanan Melayu much better. The only problem, lately, I observe, he seem to speak with too much 'bunga'. I hope, his mind doesn't get distracted pf all these 'bunga'.

(7) Najib lately has improved alot in syncronizing his 'body language' and his speech. He now seem to be in total understanding of what he says! His English is good. His Malay is equally good. All these are not present as 2-in-1 with Tunku, Razak, Husein, DMM and Abdullah. It is time, now that we Malaysian should give these gang of four the absolute chance to take Malaysia to a better position. We, I believe had enough of that 'quarrelling' period.

(8) Now that MIC, MCA, Gerakan are not really stable, thus UMNO must be given the best choice to strengthen its grip. No doubt, some cleaning need to be done much more and faster. NA, MY. MM and RY must be given the chance to 'consolidate' the country trust, if not, the Malaysian economic performance will be seriously at stake.

(9) Those earlier who had to leave UMNO (and now in PAS and PKR) not because they were not good, but due to all those bad 'political game', should now be guiven green lane to come back and to clean and strengthen UMNO. I believe, MY, RY and MM being the 'tested senior Malays', they should know whom among those 'culprits' in UMNO (now) that must be thrown out or be tame down urgently. I believe, these were the people that had not only made UMNO to suffer, but worst the country to loose!

(10) The Gang of Four, I wish, I pray, you read the Swordless Samurai especially learning from the writer personal greed and misjudgement!

Kuching, Sarawak
17 Dec., 2009

#Abdullah Chek Sahamat

Writing that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around my world which you may find hard to believe and understand

2 comments:

Tim Clark said...

Thank you for mentioning my book, The Swordless Samurai. I wish more Western leaders could learn from this history, too.

Tim Clark

Bayu Senja said...

Mr Tim
Your mention due to greed and misjudgement!That's something.

Copyright © 2010 abc sadong™ is a registered trademark.

Designed by Access. Hosted on Blogger Platform.